Week 4
ok. Week 4. wow an hour and a half goes by soo fast! So. this week. We had hardly any lessons. So that was discouraging. And when we do have a lesson I can't understand anything haha. But..... oh well :) I just try to be a happy missionary anyways. Also, I think I might have mentioned it last time. But our only investigator with a baptismal date is probably going to stop :( it makes us so sad! So pray that her desire to know that this is the true church will increase please!! Ok. I don't have tons of time. But I will try and recap as best I can. Some things about Japan: They have these things called "kanbinis." They're pretty cool. they're basically just convenience stores but they have THE yummiest things. Like cream puffs, and ice cream treats, and to go meals. They're the best. (oh and corn dogs... haha they call them "american dogs") they have fries too!! woohoo so I can get my fix of potatoes. They also have "hyaku yen" stores. Which are basically like dollar stores but they kick american dollar stores butts. haha (can i say that??) anywho. They have tons of stuff. And it's all fairly nice too (dad would go crazy I just know it). AND. They have tons of ice cream!! woo hoo :) my FAVORITE. Their Baskin Robbins is way good. And they have lots of different kinds of ice cream treats I've never had before. That's probably my favorite thing I have tried so far. Another thing that's really common here is called a "kono myaki." It's basically like a pancake with cabbage in it. And then you can put whatever else you want in it. Like noodle/ pork and then they top it with this sauce and mayo (and seaweed flakes....not as bad as they sound). It's actually pretty good. Although, I will admit I can't have too much in one sitting.So my stomach is still adjusting to Japanese cuisine. But so far I have been pleasantly surprised! The work: Sometimes it can get really discouraging when no one is interested. And no one will meet with us. But really, everyone has interest! They have all heard these truths before. Because that is exactly what they are. Universal laws. That no one can change and that even God abides by and He (knowing these laws and us through and through) has shown us the way that we should obey them so that we can be happy and progress. But it's difficult to get that across in an everyday setting in Japanese. That's what the spirit is for! and I will keep trying. However, realizing this has also made me realize how crucial HUMILITY is. Wow. I have a long ways to go. But when someone is really truly humble, their will in a way ceases to exist and it just becomes God's will. Because they realize they can't do it on their own. They need HIs help and in order to be able to really have His help all the time they have to obey His commandments. I've really realized that this week. There is no way I can do this by myself. I can only do this by "relying on the merits" of God's love and Christ's atonement. I often have to be humbled to remember to do that though! Anywho. I am REALLY grateful that the majority of the Japanese people are willing to stop and talk to us. I have had the opportunity to testify to lots of people, even if they decline our invitations. They really are so sweet, and I often think I need their help more than they need mine! Last night we talked to this lady sitting on a bench at a park. She was the mother of two and one of THE nicest people I think I have ever talked to. She was really open and would explain things in both languages since she could tell I couldn't understand. She doesn't live in our area and she said she is really busy. But I hope that somehow the gospel will become part of her life! Miracle of the week- I have been praying for lots of things. And this week God really answered all of my prayers. I have been praying especially that I can be brave and "open my mouth" and that we would be led to prepared people. Two experiences: One night we were finishing "streeting" (stopping people on the street) and we both felt impressed to talk to a particular lady. She was eight months pregnant, and is actually a member. Turns out she hasn't gone to church since she was 14. And her mom is an active member in another area. We got her phone number. So we'll see where that leads! Experience number two: I tried talking to this lady on the train and she turned me down. But a girl across the aisle kept looking at me and my badge. As we were getting off the train I started a conversation with her. And we didn't even have an opportunity to talk about the gospel but she agreed to meet again!! (This week). So we will see where that goes too! Love you all. I am SO SO grateful that I have such wonderful, strong family and friends. Thanks everyone...... "big kiss. little hug. big hug. little kiss Sister Haderlie
PS ( it's insanely hot over here. can't wait for fall!!!)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment