Sister Chloe Haderlie

Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 2 in the Field:
Ok. I made myself write everyone else before I wrote my weekly email. So..... I have basically no time and in order to send pics this will be a short one! But this week has had some ups and downs.
DOWNS-
- Feeling like I am not making a difference. LOTS of people don't have interest (plus I can't really speak their language ha) so sometimes I feel like my efforts are wasted. BUT I know God is grateful that I am trying.
- The schedule. Every time I wake up in the morning I automatically think of the next opportunity I will have to sleep. It's rough. ha I want to sleep in so bad.
- The language. I want to talk to people (including my companion) but I CAN'T.....ha I feel so dumb sometimes. Dogs and 4 year olds can speak better than me.
- Really feeling responsible for sharing the truth with people. Why me? I sometimes wonder... I don't want to bug people. "Finding" (AKA awkwardly running after people on the street or talking to them on the train about things that they think are so weird in broken Japanese) is SO hard. and is super scary to me. I just want to hide in my apartment all day haha. I want so bad to be able to transmit how IMPORTANT this could be for them. This isn't just some other or weird religion, this is the reason you are on Earth......This is why you have trials.....This is what's important... This is what will really actually make you happy in the end. I Just want to yell it at them. Not really... ha but I wish so badly there was some way I just could instantaneously make them feel it. And then when they reject it... it really tests my own faith too. I think.... "Heavenly Father if this is so important why is no one listening?" But I feel peace from time to time and I don't know everything but somehow I feel that I am trying....and that's enough.
UPS-
- so. since finding is SO scary too me we made this goal to hand out 10 book of Mormons one evening. We wrote our favorite scripture on a piece of paper (I wrote Alma 5: 7, 12) I believe haha. My brain's full... and then we got to work. Lots of people ignored us or walked away but we got a couple people to listen. And I was actually able to testify in Japanese. WOO HOO and some people actually listened. I don't know if anything will come of it...but by the end we gave out all ten!! It really was kind of a miracle. It's way difficult here to get people to see how this will have any relevance to their life. But trying to get better and making them see that it does. Anywho we even gave one out at dinner (at THE cutest pancake place by the way...ha I am a big fan). Everyone we talked to was so different. It was an interesting, fun experience. The Japanese people just really love life and most are really nice. So... I am starting to love them even more than I already did).
- We had zone conference. Fun to see Sister Barrett and Sister Wilson (I think that was her last name) the other two sisters that are brand new like me... good to know I am not the only one feeling a little inadequate and overwhelmed. But happy too... I should be SO frantic inside all the time. But usually I am pretty peaceful..... I just have the desire to be better at actually helping others come to Christ (not just trying to improve myself).
Moment of the week:
Sister Nakamura (heavy accent)- " Ok. Let's Throw up!"
Me: "What??" .... then a laugh, "Haha.... you mean follow up?"
Oh man. Language differences, They're fun.
Miracle of the week: We found two different male investigators to reffer to the elders!
Sorry it's so short and scattered!! Love you all. Have a good week.
Sister Haderlie
PS ( another up. I am really loving the B of M lately.... it hasn't ever been so interesting to me! These are real people that had similar struggles and experiences- as far as faith and that sort of thing goes....pretty cool!)
at the pancake place
in the park






Posted by Unknown at 5:46 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (16)
    • ▼  September (5)
      • Week 3 in the Field:I am going to be a PRO typer b...
      • Week 2 in the Field: Ok. I made...
      • Right before they left the MTC. Her district & te...
      •  Week 1 in the Field: Let's restart the wee...
    • ►  July (11)

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile
Simple theme. Theme images by lobaaaato. Powered by Blogger.