Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 3 in the Field:I am going to be a PRO typer by the end of this 18th month mission (even if I can't speak Japanese or haven't baptized anyone ;) ....I always think that 90 minutes it's going to be PLENTY of time and then I always end up typing like mad down to the last second.
 So a quick update on this week!
 Some HARD days. Lots of people have rejected us, we can't get ahold of the people who were willing to give us their numbers, our most progressed investigator is going to take a "break" from lessons, I still can't speak Japanese and Sister Nakamura still can't speak English, I am still way scared to open my mouth, and 6:30 in the morning is still always a rough couple of minutes for me (no "it's morning time!" coming out of my mouth yet).
 SO why in the world would I keep mission-ing (ha they actually have a verb for that in Japanese) ? Where is God in all of this?? I have caught myself asking myself that quite a bit. And realized just how much my faith needs strengthening this week.....But I have come to the feeling that God is in the heart of each and every person that I see. That's where He is and in EVERYTHING. I can't believe how easy it is for me to forget that. Thanks heavens for wonderful family, friends, and new mission friends that remind me of this. I don't know why God does everything that He does (and why should I?? He know everything and I am seeing the tiniest speck) but I am trying to remember everyday that I should put my full confidence in Him even when it is scary or it doesn't make sense. I think this is why faith is SO important because it is ONLY by faith that we show that WE choose to walk towards Him- we exercise our agency and choose right, we choose His side. As a result, we progress ourselves and He gives us more light to confirm that faith. It's genius. And I am not. And that is why I don't understand everything....yet.
 I do not "like" everything about my mission so far but I am realizing what an opportunity it is to grow and am very grateful to Him for the opportunity.
 Shoot. I am almost out of time..... Anywho. A quick update on EVENTS-
 1- First rain STORM. Nakamura and I got caught far away from the train station walking when it started "raining cats and dogs" (haha taught Sis. Nakamura that) I was SOAKED. We stopped and the rain was super loud, knocked on this random lady's door and asked for a couple umbrellas. Thank heavens the Japanese people are so nice. We got a couple umbrellas. I was still super wet though. It was quite the experience
2- Sundays. I am AMAZED that everything can be so different here but that Sundays are just the same. Ha... 
(there are screaming kids, tired parents, people walking in late, smiling faces, spiritual talks). Love it! One thing that IS different though is that people stay way after church and visit with one another in groups. It's the cutest thing. The other day there were 3 super old Japanese ladies visiting in the kitchen & I found myself thinking- I think this is what the millenium is going to be like.... a bunch of happy people visiting and taking care of each other. I am excited for that!!
3) We had a "phillipino party" we have quite a few Phillipino's in our ward. And they are a party all by themselves. We had good food and they did karaoke (we didn't participate of course) but it was quite entertaining.
 Anywho, another week full of new experiences, struggles, and growing!
 Love you all. Thanks for the prayers. Keep them coming (and please pray that we can find people ready to hear and accept the gospel!)
 LOVE you. LOVE the gospel.
 SIster Haderlie


in the park

Phillipino party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment